Monday, August 16, 2010

Too much of a good thing...?

During pregnancy, I become super-sensitive to caffeine. A full cup of regular coffee makes me jittery and scatter-brained and feeling kinda ill all day. No fun. Especially since I am a coffee lover. Not 'cause I need it. 'Cause I love it.

Know what else I love? Dark chocolate.
Apparently, in my current state, dark chocolate contains too much caffeine also! NOOOooooo!
I ate about 1/3 of this bar (which, by the way, is AWESOME!) the other afternoon, and then hardly got a wink of sleep all night.


A couple days later, I ate some more...and didn't sleep again.

I finished it off the next day...and didn't sleep.

I think I finally put two and two together...

So here we have two options:

a.) Eat chocolate -> Don't sleep

b.) Don't eat chocolate -> Do sleep

Unfortunately, I must choose option B.

Alas. Alack.

Sweet chocolate...fare thee well! We'll have a reunion in about 3 months.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2010 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

UUUMMM, the other option is have the chocolate for breakfast! Then you have all day to come down....
THanks for linking! We are following you now
TIffany

 
At August 17, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Amanda Evans said...

I know just what I'll bring down when we come to visit you after your little munch makes his (or her) appearance!

 
At August 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM , Blogger kewkew said...

I know the feeling. That is how my body always reacts to caffeine which really stinks.
Guess your body is just telling you the baby doesn't really need it either? Just a thought. Here's hoping you can make do with out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Too much of a good thing...?

This Page

has been moved to new address

Too much of a good thing...?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service