Friday, June 10, 2011

Hummus & Pita Bread - Fun with Food Friday

 Mama Chocolate

Welcome to this week's Fun with Food Friday
(ALERT: Read to the bottom for extra bonus entries opportunity!)

Michelle at The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Second Time Mom just graduated with her Associates in Business Administration yesterday, so head on over and congratulate her!
Woo hoo! 
You won't see a recipe from her for the next two weeks, because she's being a slacker taking a well-deserved break to party with her family!

Please check my archives for more delicious recipes!

Today, I'm doing a quickie...I've been super busy this week trying to prepare to LEAVE for a week!
Our church camp starts on Sunday, (!!) and I've got a lot of packing to do. I'm off to do some last minute grocery shopping this morning (alone with the kids - pray for me!) and I've got to get out NOW so that I can get back before nap time!


So, I'm going to tell you to go visit Nony the Slob (she's like my soul sister,) for this delicious hummus recipe!
She has a nice little tutorial there for ya.

I've made it 3 or 4 times since I discovered her blog a few weeks ago! I never knew I liked hummus so much!
I tried with and without the chili powder, (sounds weird, huh?) and I definitely preferred it without. (Nony left it out, too, so you can decide if you're brave enough to add chili powder to perfectly-good hummus.)

You can eat it with crackers, buy pita to eat it with, or find out how I make my own pita here, (in one of my very-first-ever blog posts!)


**********************
We'll be doing this again next Friday, and we need your recipes!

To encourage ya'll to produce your tasty gems, I'm offering 10 extra entries into any ONE giveaway of your choice for each recipe you submit, (you can send me as many as you like!)


Just send the recipe(s) to mamachocolateblog@gmail.com and add the 10 entries into the appropriate box on the giveaway entry form.

If you have a blog post about a favorite recipe, I'd love it if you'd comment with a link to it!
Spread the word about our event and grab the button!

Mama Chocolate



Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Janice said...

I love hummus but have never made it. I will try this out. :)

Janice
Celebrating Family

 
At June 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Coffee Matters said...

Love hummus! it is made around our house weekly! that bread looks mighty tasty too, did you make it?

new follow from the lower your alexa hop!

 
At June 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Chef in Training said...

Hi! I am visiting from the hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! My most recent blog post explains how in case my blogger follow button is down! thanks so much!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

 
At June 10, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Pink Dandy Chatter said...

I love hummus! This recipe looks great. Thanks for stopping by Pink Dandy Chatter. Have a great weekend!
http://pinkdandychatter.com

 
At June 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Linette said...

Yum! Love hummus! I'll have to see how this recipe compares to the one I usually use. Just stopping by from the Alexa hop:-)

 
At June 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger CentsLessDeals said...

This looks so tasty! I have never tried hummus but now I must.

I found you from the blog hop and I'm a new follower via GFC. I would love it if you would follow me back!

www.centslessdeals.com

Thanks :)

~JB

 
At June 12, 2011 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Better late than never.......hopping over from the Alexa Hop!

Jen
Mom's Online Garage Sale

 
At June 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger The Culinary Lens said...

Hopping by. I am a huge fan of Pita and of hummus

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Hummus & Pita Bread - Fun with Food Friday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Hummus & Pita Bread - Fun with Food Friday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service