Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicks & Chilluns

We delighted our little Katie-girl last week by bringing home 16 little Rhode Island Red chicks! 
(fresh eggs someday soon!)


She calls them "her birdies," or the "baby chickens" and always wants to hold them and feed them and get them more water. 

"Birdies don't feel good! Needs food in her tummies!"


I wish I could spell the way she says "birdies."
It's epic.

In other news, THIS one is now 7 months old


On the day she turned 7 months, she finally officially sat up on her own!
(she could have a lot sooner if she'd just quit trying to stand up instead!)

Victoria sure is a fun little character! I love watching her personality blossom...she's an intense one!
Her preferred method of communication is shrieking. 
Happy or angry. It requires high-pitched vocalization.

Katie likes to respond, 
"WHOA, Toria!"


My poor little pumpkin has eczema on her arms. :-(


It used to be a lot worse, but I still have to keep her in long sleeves all the time or she scratches at it until it's bleeding and oozing. (Yuck and ouch!)

Anyone have some good tips for fighting eczema? I recently heard of using hazelwood necklaces, (kind of like amber necklaces for teething.)
Have any of you used or had success with those for eczema?


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Libby said...

I used to have eczema really bad on my hands until I found a way to cure it by accident when I was treating some poison oak (which this works for as well). :)
Wet a paper towel with witch hazel and rub it on once or twice a day ( or whenever you remembered to do it :D).
It cured my hands in a few weeks, and worked much better than any of the other greasy, nasty stuff I tried.

~Libby

 
At June 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger mommynts said...

Have you tried Renew lotion from Melaleuca? It is wonderful for dry skin, and I have heard some great stories of eczema success. Melaleuca also has non-toxic cleaners, laundry detergent, and body & household products. If you get the toxins out of your home, there may be less to irritate her skin. Let me know if you would like more info - I'd love to introduce you to the company. We've been customers for over 9 years and love them!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Victorianlady8 said...

Can I send you some of my Sea Buckthorn Body Butter? Sea Buckthorn oil...is amazing!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Brandi Elam said...

For my oldest, using cetaphil wash during baths and limiting baths to once every few days helped. After a bath I would lube him up with cetaphil cream. For my youngest, I've just discovered CJ's butter and it's awesome and smells great too! We also make sure to use non irritating detergents like all free and clear.

 
At June 15, 2011 at 4:32 PM , Blogger From three to four said...

Check out Booty Butter by Jessica on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bootybutterbyjessica

She gets rave reviews from people using her stuff for eczema!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Chicks & Chilluns

This Page

has been moved to new address

Chicks & Chilluns

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service