Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun with Food Friday - My Meatloaf

Mama Chocolate

Welcome to Week 2 of Fun with Food Friday
(ALERT: Read to the bottom for extra bonus entries opportunity!)

Check The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom for another recipe review this week!

Today's recipe comes from...ME! 
Or, rather, The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.

 You ladies sent in several recipes for delectable-looking dishes that I was eager to try, but alas.
My best-laid shopping plans fell flat, and each of your awesome recipes required at least one ingredient I didn't have!
ARG.
My apologies, and I promise to try them all out, and soon!

This is my most favoritist meatloaf ever. Some meatloaf is just plain bland and yucky, or too froofy.
This recipe is moist and flavor-full, but without any extra/weird spices...suspicious characters that can cause a perfectly innocent meatloaf to suddenly more closely resemble...sausage.
* shudder*

Obviously, we all have our opinions on what a proper meatloaf should look and taste like, so don't be offended.
But here's mine.

And it's the best.

Meatloaf
2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Glaze
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tb brown sugar
2 tsp mustard


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2.) Combine the 8 meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl



3.) Shape into 2 (7-1/2 x 4") loaves.


4.) Place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan, (or if you don't have one, use a cookie sheet, like me!)


5.) Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, and THEN...


6.) Combine glaze ingredients and spoon over meatloaf


7.) Bake 15 more minutes
(See how nice it would be to use a broiler pan like they suggest? Ew. Unpleasantness awaits the dish-washer.)


Serve with mac n cheese if you're my husband. With baked potatoes if you're my mother. ;-)
 
**********************
We'll be doing this again next Friday, and we need your recipes!
To encourage ya'll to produce your tasty gems, I'm offering 10 extra entries into any ONE giveaway of your choice for each recipe you submit, (you can send me as many as you like!)

Just send the recipe(s) to mamachocolateblog@gmail.com and tell me which current giveaway(s) you'd like your extra entries to go into. I'll add the entries!

Don't forget to check The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom to see what Michelle cooked up this week!

If you have a blog post about a favorite recipe, I'd love it if you'd comment with a link to it!
Spread the word about our event and grab the button!


Mama Chocolate

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Rosanne E. Lortz said...

Sounds yummers!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Oh my gosh!! So funny! When you shared your mac n cheese recipe last week, I saw the picture of the meatloaf in your oven, and almost asked you for the recipe!!! My #1 pregnancy craving is meatloaf, and I (sel-proclaimed chef "google") am so sick of the recipes I find being too bland, or too fancy. This one sounds perfect!! I am making it next week!!! THANK YOU!!!!! hmmm...also looking for a PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe (not Tollhouse) do you have one?? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Fun with Food Friday - My Meatloaf

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fun with Food Friday - My Meatloaf

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service