Thursday, July 21, 2011

Toddler Meals - Toddler Talk Thursday




Check out the hosts of this fun weekly link-up, Family and Life in Las VegasCrazy about My Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom!

This week's topic is:
"How does your toddler's mealtime go usually? How do you deal with not eating, or picky eaters?"


Katie is not so much of a picky eater as a...NON-eater.
We have always had trouble getting her to eat much, even from the very beginning, when we struggled with her lazy nursing and lack of weight gain.


We can get her to eat a little bit of almost anything, but it is rare for her to want to eat what we feel is enough.
Two bites and she's "all done!"
Even the above ice cream cake we made her for her birthday she only ate about half of it before she was satisfied, (even though she loves ice cream, and is always excited to eat it!)

Victoria is another story, (thank goodness!)
She can stow it away!





Much of it still ends up on her face, bib...and thumb these days, however. ;-)


I've started to not worry about Katie so much...she is growing and gaining weight, albeit slowly.
She eats healthy food: some of her favorites include scrambled eggs, broccoli, and green beans, (!!) so we're good in that department.



I can always get her to drink quite a bit of a breakfast smoothie, so we do that pretty often.


Right now we are in the midst of a no-dairy trial period to see if it helps her constantly runny nose and congestion go away.
It has been difficult...I didn't realize how many of my go-to dishes included milk or cheese. Or chocolate! (Which almost always has milk in it.)

It will be worth it, though, if we find that it clears up these issues she's been dealing with.

In the mean time, I'd love any dairy-free recipes or tips you can give me!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 6:07 AM , Blogger Shanan, The Book Addict said...

I always feel for kids who can't tolerate much milk because you are right so many go-to things involve milk or cheese.

I personally like the taste of most chocolate soy milks. So you may test those out. I have friends who use vanilla soy milk in their cereals rather than cows milk. They have told me that the plain soy milk is really not for them.

I have had goat's milk yogurt and I thought it tasted a lot like regular yogurt. I did not try to freeze it though (which is my daughter's favorite way to eat yogurt).

Good luck!
Shanan
http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com/

 
At July 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

the chocolate face is reminiscent to me of Easter w my little one (lol)
found ya on a helicopter moms alexa hop. Sharing the alexa love, please take a min right now (real quick) to comment back on my blog, locomotion of expressions, i have a linky you can find on my left sidebar (the picture of the tiger .. click it!) as well as a ton of giveaways in my july archives, if you have time. Thanks!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Adelina Priddis said...

your daughters are so cute! We've had to cut a lot of dairy out for 2 of our 3 kids, and it's helped with a myriad of issues. Although I haven't cut it out of our actual meals, just the glasses of milk, and cheese so far here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Toddler Meals - Toddler Talk Thursday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Toddler Meals - Toddler Talk Thursday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service