Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun with Food Friday - Honey-Baked Chicken

Mama Chocolate

Welcome to Week 4 of Fun with Food Friday
(ALERT: Read to the bottom for extra bonus entries opportunity!)

Check The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom for another recipe review this week!

Today's recipe comes from ME! Or, rather, my mother. ;-)
This was a favorite in my family growing up for as long as I can remember.
Now I make it for my own little family, where it is devoured eagerly!

It's another quick, hearty dinner that's easy to throw together.
I use it often for our church's weekly potluck, and it is completely eaten up almost every time!

Honey Baked Chicken

(forgive my non-existent measurements: this is a little-of-this-a-little-of-that recipe!)

Chicken thighs or drumsticks
honey
butter
regular yellow mustard
garlic salt

1.) Start by preheating your oven to 350 or 375...depending on how much of a hurry you're in and how hot your oven runs. I usually use 375.



2.) Lay the chicken in a baking pan.



3.) Mix the honey and butter in a microwaveable dish and zap it for a minute or two, until you can mix them together. Add the mustard and garlic salt.



4.) Pour this mixture over the chicken.
I usually then use a basting brush to more thoroughly coat each piece.



5.) Check the chicken after about 30 minutes and baste the juices over the top of the meat to help get a delicious golden color. Cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, (depending on your oven's temperature.)



6.) Mine got a little bit beyond "golden," but it tasted delicious.
(I'm also noticing that my oven is heating things a little unevenly...hmm.)



8.) Our favorite side dish with Honey Baked Chicken is brown rice. Spoon some of that delicious honey-mustard sauce from the chicken pan over it for extra scrumptious flavor!


**********************
We'll be doing this again next Friday, and we need your recipes!

To encourage ya'll to produce your tasty gems, I'm offering 10 extra entries into any ONE giveaway of your choice for each recipe you submit, (you can send me as many as you like!)


Just send the recipe(s) to mamachocolateblog@gmail.com and tell me which current giveaway(s) you'd like your extra entries to go into. I'll add the entries!


Don't forget to check The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom to see what Michelle cooked up this week!


If you have a blog post about a favorite recipe, I'd love it if you'd comment with a link to it!
Spread the word about our event and grab the button!





Mama Chocolate

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 1, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Mary said...

That looks delicious! I need to try making this some time!

 
At April 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Southpaw said...

Wow does that look good. It looks so easy too. Thanks.

A-Z Fellow Challenger
Holly Ruggiero’sPOV

 
At April 7, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Agata said...

Thank you for the recipe!
I just made it tonight for dinner. It was super easy, fast and most important yummy!
We're sick and stuffed so were not able to appreciate all the aromas.
I will make it again for sure.
Thanks!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Amanda Evans said...

I'm making this tonight! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mama Chocolate: Fun with Food Friday - Honey-Baked Chicken

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fun with Food Friday - Honey-Baked Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service