contacted me awhile back to review some of their products.....unfortunately we were a bit too late for the Gender Prediction Test
, (it only works between weeks 10-34 of pregnancy.) If it had told me I was going to have a girl, I probably wouldn't have believed it, anyway! I was pretty convinced we were having a boy. ;-)
I'd love to try it though! So far, with both pregnancies, we have chosen to not find out the gender of our babies. I love saving the surprise to help me get through labor. That moment of finding out WHO your baby is while you're holding the squirmy, squawking little thing for the first time is so amazing.
I've heard many arguments for the other side, too. You get to bond by referring to the baby by name during those last long months of pregnancy. This could be especially helpful to get young siblings excited about a new addition.
You can pick out clothes, bedding, etc., specific to the gender...the list goes on.
It is very tempting...and we may weaken someday. (I think my husband would be all for it if I weakened.)
Until I weaken...John will probably buy me one of these so he can get some clues!
I think it'd be fun to have a hint, but still have some room for a surprise outcome!
These tests are up to 90% accurate, (depending on how well you follow the instructions, apparently!)
IntelliGender's Gender Prediction Test™ is a simple urine analysis similar to a pregnancy test. It uses first morning urine and a proprietary mix of chemicals which reacts with a combination of hormones to indicate the gender of your baby. It can be performed as early as 10 weeks of pregnancy (six weeks from the first day of the missed period). It is an easy test to perform and provides quick results in-home so the news can be shared right away. IntelliGender reminds all pregnant moms that seeing an obstetrician early in the pregnancy is critical for the health of the mother and the baby and should follow the advice of their physician.
You simply collect first morning urine and insert into the test vessel. Swirl rapidly in a circular motion, place the test on a flat white surface undisturbed for minutes. Below are examples of test results:
IntelliCeuticals introduces the best natural remedies to help informed moms and their babies feel happy, healthy and ready for the world each day! Their herbal remedies are safe, effective solutions for the health and comfort of mothers-to-be.
From the website:
Breast feeding is such a wonderful part of the maternity experience, allowing a special time for bonding between you and your baby. But with all the wonderful emotion, discomfort can arise from dryness and cracking of the tender skin. IntelliCeutical’s Nature’s Nipple Prep is a soothing cream intended to help maintain healthy skin tone around the nipple both prior to birth and once you begin nursing.
- Provides consistent moisture around the nipple area
- Soothes the area immediately after nursing
- Helps to sustain a relaxed breastfeeding experience
What are the ingredients?
Nature's Nipple Prep is a 100% natural formula which contains the following carefully selected ingredients in therapeutic dosage:
- Calc flour (6X) is a biochemic tissue salt recommended for sensitive skin, such as the nipples and any area of skin exposed to friction or cold.
- Marigold (Calendula officinalis) is an herbal ingredient used to promote skin health.
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) is a recognized as a soothing herb with unique properties for supporting skin health and sensitivity.
- Silica (6X) is another biochemic tissue sale which is critical in the maintenance of healthy skin as it is the primary component in all connective body tissue.
- Vitamin E oil is extensively used as a skin remedy. Many people use Vitamin E products topically to ensure the best possible skin condition.
This product contains no harmful petrochemicals, sodium lauren sulfate (SLS) or parabens. This product is not tested on animals, contains no animal products, glutens, artificial colors, preservatives or flavors and is suitable for lacto-vegetarians.
How do I use?
- Before birth: Lightly massage onto the nipple and surrounding area two to three times a day throughout the last 2 - 3 weeks of pregnancy.
- After birth: Immediately after breastfeeding, wipe the nipple area with a fresh damp washcloth. Lightly massage Nature’s Nipple Prep into the nipple and surrounding area. Wipe clean with a warm washcloth before the next nursing session.
Honestly, I haven't used this much yet. I am grateful to be able to say that I have never had troubles with dry or cracked nipples. *shudder* It almost hurts just to think about it! Somehow "cracked" and "nipples" should not belong in the same sentence.
I know, however, that many mamas do suffer this malady, and I would love for them to find better ways of easing it! I really think that this cream would be helpful!
It has a pleasant smell, and rubs in well, without leaving any sort of slimy feel!
The only thing that I personally didn't like was having to "wipe clean with a warm washcloth before the next nursing session." You'd want to do this with any sort of cream or lotion, though, so it's nothing specific to this brand.
From the website:
As all moms know, breast milk is the best possible food for babies! There has been research to suggest that babies who are breastfed go on to develop higher IQ’s, are far less likely to develop allergies – and the act itself provides a wonderful bonding opportunity with the nursing mother. Breastfeeding also has the extra advantage to help shed those clingy unwanted pounds!
- Works as an outstanding breast feeding stimulant*
- Helps to support the natural flow of the mother’s milk*
- Provides a strong lactation reaction in the nursing mom*
- Supports healthly digestion for mother and baby*
What are the ingredients?
Baby’s Best Milk Drops is a 100% herbal formula which contains the following carefully selected herbs in therapeutic dosage:
- Goat’s Rue (Galega officinalis) is a naturopathic "galactogogue" which assists both the beginning of milk production immediately following childbirth, as well as the continuation of strong milk volume.* Goat’s Rue is also known for its role in the maintenance of blood sugar levels that are already in the normal range.* Or Goat’s Rue may also be used as part of your diet to help maintain a healthy blood sugar level.*
- Borage (Borago officinalis) is a soothing herb, especially favorable for women following childbirth. It supports milk flow as well as performs as a digestive tonic. In addition, studies have established the value of this oil on a newborn’s development.*
- Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) is exceptional for the production of breast milk and, because of its liver tonic properties, has also been shown to support the liver in its role in reducing the number of synthetic materials absorbed, such as pesticides and pollution, in the mothers' milk.*
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) has been used to help with mother’s milk production since biblical times. Full of phytoestrogens, these natural plant chemicals help to mimic female hormones and been clinically shown to have a healthy effect, within 24 to 72 hours after first taking the ingredient, on a nursing mother's milk supply.*
How do I use?
Add 15 drops to ¼ cup of just boiled water and allow the mixture to cool. Drink as is or you may feel free to dilute even further with juice. Plan to use three times daily and, as with any remedy, receive optimum results with regular use.
I was excited to get to try this out! As some of you know, I had a difficult time with Katie early on in our breast feeding experience. She didn't have a good latch and was a very sleepy nurser, and by the time I figured out that she wasn't nursing well, my milk supply had taken a pretty hard hit. I had to work very hard to get it back up...pumping, frequent nursing, supplemental teas...I tried so many things! I'm glad to say it was all worth it, and by the time Katie was 8 or 9 weeks old we were finally in a groove and she was actually gaining weight!
As you can imagine, I was determined that this time around would be different! My life's goal is to never touch a pump again if I can help it!
I armed myself with weapons like the Baby's Best Milk Drops
before she was born, and started in right away! I added the drops to my Mother's Milk tea
, which has at least fenugreek as a common ingredient, plus some extra things to help it taste better, the most noticeable being spearmint. The Baby's Best Milk Drops
blended right in, and actually made the tea taste even better, in my opinion.
I tried my best to take it three times a day as instructed, but it didn't always happen. I did pretty well taking it at least once a day for a few weeks, and I really do think it helped out my milk production. It was great to have those important, herbal production aids in a more concentrated form. With Katie, I had to drink a lot of tea to get enough to make any difference. (I even tried alfalfa, as a tea, which is supposedly helpful as a supply-booster. Eww.)
It worked, 'cause Victoria has done great nursing and has gained over a pound and a half already in her first 6 weeks! Hooray!
IntelliGender also has recently started a fun and informative blog!
IntelliCeuticals is offering a 25% off your entire order from their website to my readers!
Enter code: IC025 at checkout to save!
is giving away a prize pack to one of my lucky readers!
That's a total value of $83.39!
You must use the form to enter!
Please feel free to comment to remind yourself that you entered, (if you've forgotten, email me and I'll check for you.)
Remember, however, that comments will not be counted as entries, except to count daily tweets. (see details on the form)
Current Entries as of Friday, Dec 31st, 12:30am PST: 150
Links You May Need
Giveaway ends December 31st, Friday, 2010, at 10am, PST.
This giveaway is open to residents of US and Canada. I will choose the winner via Random.org, and the winner will be announced here on the blog and notified by email. Make sure to leave your email address or have your contact info available in your blogger profile. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, after which a new winner will be chosen.
*I received a bottle of Baby's Best Milk Drops and a tube of Nature's Nipple Prep from IntelliCeuticals for the purpose of this review. I received no other compensation, and the opinions expressed in this review have not been influenced in any way.